Studio Code of Conduct
Dancers are to:
To conduct oneself with honesty, integrity, courtesy, respect, and consideration for your fellow dance members and faculty. This includes a willingness to be held accountable for the way you participate in all dance activities and behavior while at AVANTI. Conducting yourself in manner which is supportive and encouraging other dancers, to not gossip or engage in any act which could be considered bullying or inappropriate and recognize yourself as a role model at all times. Students should be able to voice their opinion to a company director or staff member about a concern anytime.
Negative attitudes and/or behavior will not be tolerated at AVANTI Dance Company. AVANTI Dance Company and its management reserves the right to refuse services to any person who does not act in accordance with the ADC Rules and Code of Conduct. Teacher’s reserve the right to implement AVANTI’S “Three Strikes Rule” [Strike 1.) Verbal Warning, Strike 2.) Student will be asked to sit out of class if behavior does not improve, Strike 3.) Student will not be permitted to take class and parent will be called to come pick up student.]
Parents are asked to support and encourage their dancer both in successful and challenging times. During this era of instant gratification, dance is an art form in which attaining new levels and reaching goals must be earned through hard work, a good attitude, willingness and consistency. The discipline required in dance comes from the participation of not only from the dancer, but from his/her parents. The qualities learned through dance is something that your child will take with them and use throughout their life.
- FOOD AND DRINK are allowed in patio and kitchen areas only. Only bottled water is allowed in the dance rooms. NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT AVANTI.
- LABELING DANCER’S ITEMS: Please put your DANCER’S NAME on all dance items, especially shoes. The lost and found box is located in the lobby area cubbies– please check this often as students can leave belongings in several areas of the studio. Only dance bags and water bottles are allowed in the classrooms. School bags, jackets and street shoes should be kept in your car or the cubbies provided. Items left at the studio will be donated on the 1st and 15th of the month so be sure to check the Lost & Found regularly.
- LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS: Please encourage your dancer to leave valuable items at home AVANTI is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Items such as cell phones can be left with the front desk staff or locked in the office until the dancer is out of class.
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOGRAPHING OR RECORDING on cell phones of yourself or fellow students while in the dressing room or bathrooms.
- DANCE EDUCATION requires “hands on” instruction for the safety of dancer, the instructor may help put student into proper body alignment or “spot” a student during tumbling tricks. This will include touching arms, legs, back, hips, feet and head. Instructors will also give verbal cues to correct students during class as well as praise and encouraging students.
- DISRUPTING CLASS: Parents and visitors are not permitted to enter any classroom or tap on the viewing windows to get the attention of a student taking class. If a parent needs to remove of child from class early, he/she is to ask for assistance from the front desk staff. Toddler students who have difficulty leaving their parent and following class instruction independently will be recommended to enroll in a class that is structured for parent participation (Parent and Me). Any student who has difficulty listening or is disruptive in class will be asked to go to the lobby and the parent will be called.
- ARRIVING LATE: To avoid class disruption, dancers may not be permitted to enter the class if arriving more than 10 minutes after the class has started. Permitting any late entry will be at the discretion of the instructor. Students may be invited to observe class only (whether in the studio by instructor discretion or in the lobby). If you are going to be late, please call the studio and ask for the teacher to be notified.
- TEACHER CONFERENCE: Parents if you need to talk to your dancer’s instructor, please speak to the front desk staff to coordinate a teacher conference. Please do not engage in conversation during or between classes as the instructors are on a tight schedule and cannot take time away from the instruction of other students.
- IMPORTANT: Avanti Dance Company is a dance education facility only. ADC does not provide child care. It is the responsibility of all parents to pick-up their child immediately following their last class. We advise parents of younger dancers (ages 2-6) to remain at the studio while their child is in class. Absolutely no loud or disruptive behavior will be tolerated by siblings of students. Younger siblings must stay in the viewing areas with their parents where they can be supervised while their older sibling is in class.
- DROP OFF/PICK UP: Parking may be difficult during the hours of 3:30-5:30 pm on weekdays. Parents are encouraged to drop off older dancers (ages 7 and up) outside the front of our building in the designated drop off zone especially when the student is taking more than one class. For the safety of our younger students, dancers ages six (6) and under should be picked up and dropped off inside the studio. Young dancers may not leave AVANTI without an adult. Please park in the parking spaces directly in front of the studio. Help us be good neighbors to the other area tenants; before 5:30 pm please do not park in spaces which are not designated for AVANTI, these should remain open for the neighboring tenants and their customers.
- PARKING LOT SAFETY: For everyone’s safety, young dancers may not walk across the parking lot unsupervised. ‘Playing’ in the parking lot is prohibited. AVANTI Dance Company will not be responsible for injuries of any students who leave the studio without staff or parent permission and engage in activity in the parking. AVANTI Dance Company will not be responsible for injuries incurred in the parking lot areas by Teens and Teen drivers who attend classes at AVANTI without parents on the premises.
- EARLY ARRIVAL: Come a little early to class; 5-10 minutes should give your dancer enough time to use the restroom and get prepared for class. Dancers should be ready to start dancing at the time their class starts. This means dancers should be in “proper attire” have their shoes on, hair ready and are inside the studio. If your dancer needs to change clothes at the studio, use the restroom, please allow ample time. Dancers who are not in proper attire may not be permitted to take class. Please review the dress code information on our website about specific attire and hair requirements for your dancer’s classes.
- STUDENT CHECK-IN: All Students must check in for class at the front desk. Parents please check in dancers under the age of six (6) at the front desk using the available. Remind older dancers (ages seven (7) and older) to go to the front desk upon arrival. This helps us quickly take attendance before class starts and avoid losing valuable instruction time in class.
- WATER FOR STUDENTS: Staying hydrated is very important. Don’t forget to send your dancer with a water bottle!!! There is a water filling station with filtered/refrigerated water outside of Room D. There is also water bottles for sale in our vending machines.
Toddler/Kinder and Youth Students who wish to take classes at Avanti will be required to complete the online enrollment process for each class they wish to join. We offer two sessions, Fall/Spring and Summer. The Fall/Spring session runs September to June and Summer session runs July-August. Students registering during the Fall/Spring session will remain enrolled through June unless a cancellation form is submitted.
- A $25.00 registration fee per student is due at the time of registration for dance or aerial classes.
- A credit card must remain on file for the term of the season and will be billed on the 1st each month.
- Students may cancel at any time with 30 days notice prior to the billing cycle by completing the Online Cancellation form. See Cancellation Policy for more details.
CANCELLATION OF ENROLLMENT OR CLASS CHANGES MUST BE MADE by completing the Online Cancellation form. Cancellations or class change requests will not be accepted by phone, email or through the Jackrabbit portal. If you have any questions regarding our Enrollment Cancellation Policy please contact us at 949-375-5579.
Teachers are not privy to any tuition amount the student pays and therefore can unknowingly allow students to take their class who are not properly enrolled. If a student commences taking additional classes without having properly enrolled into the class, the student and/or parent will still be responsible for any fees related to such additional classes.
Not showing up for a class(es), does not constitute a withdrawal from class. Accounts will continue to be charged for tuition even with absences until the change has been properly completed. If the dancer or parent wishes to discontinue classes indefinitely and stop the auto- payment schedule for tuition, the Online Cancellation form must be completed at least thirty (30) days prior to the next billing cycle. Cancellation of any enrollment in classes will not be accepted by phone or email.
Not showing up for a class(es), does not constitute a withdrawal from class. Accounts will continue to be charged for tuition even with absences until the change has been properly completed. If the dancer or parent wishes to discontinue classes indefinitely and stop the auto- payment schedule for tuition, notice must be given in writing thirty (30) days prior to the next billing cycle. Cancellation of any enrollment in classes will not be accepted by phone.
A waitlist will be started for any classes which are closed due to reaching maximum capacity. Students will be waitlisted on a first come first serve basis. Students will be notified of available openings based on this list.
A Cancellation request must be made via email to email@example.com a minimum of 30 days prior to camp/intensive date to receive a full refund less $25.00 administrative fee.
Cancellation requests received in writing, 15-29 days prior to camp/intensive date will receive a 50% refund less $25.00 administrative fee.
Cancellation requests received less than 15 days prior to camp/intensive date will not receive a refund. Only those with a medical emergency will be eligible for a 50% refund less $25.00 administrative fee with a physician’s note in the event of severe illness or injury preventing participation.
Tuition is due to ADC on the 1st of each month and is non-refundable. Tuition rates posted on Avanti’s website is based on four (4) classes per month. For longer months (5 weeks) or shorter months (2-3 weeks) tuition will be billed at an adjusted rate each month based on the total number of classes offered in that given month. Tuition credits may be considered on a case by case basis in situations of serious injury or illness which mandates prolonged absence as substantiated by medical documentation. Families must complete the Online Cancellation form 30-days prior to the next billing cycle if you chose to take a break from ADC. If the student takes a break mid season he/she will be required to re-enroll and pay the $25 re-registration fee.
Auto-payment via credit or debit card is mandatory for tuition payments. Options for alternative dates to charge your account such as the 5th is available. If you need this option, please communicate your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For those who prefer by alternative method (check or cash) there will be an additional administrative fee of $10 per month added to the monthly tuition.
MAKE-UPS: If classes are missed, the student can schedule a make-up class with the front desk staff which must be taken within 30 days of the missed class. Failure to do so means a forfeiture of the classes missed. No credits or refunds will be issued.
We have a very fair policy regarding the assessment of late fees. Payments are due on the first of each calendar month. There is no late fee assessed until after 8th of the month. Any account unpaid after the 8th of the month will have a late charged at $25.00. Any student with an overdue balance of more than 45 days will not be allowed into class until payment in full is received.
Class cards are available for purchase to high school students and adults. Class cards are valid for one person only and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Class cards will expire 6 months from the date of purchase and cannot be extended.
Summer Class Policy
With people traveling over summer, class sizes may fluctuate. Our teachers reserve the right to shorten the class duration when there are three or fewer students attending.
MAKE UP/MISSED CLASS POLICY
All missed classes must be made up within the summer session ending August 18th no credits or extended make-ups will be offered in the fall session. Please contact our front desk staff at 949-375-5579 to schedule a make-up class.
Because the summer session is only 6 weeks, there are no cancellations once the class has been registered and paid for however, we are happy to move a student to another class of choice anytime provided there is availability.
Early Drop Off or Late Pick up Policy & Extended Care Services
Students may be dropped of ten minutes prior to camp or class or picked up ten minutes after class at no additional charge. Any early drop off or later pick up will be charged at $2.00 per minute for each minute past the complementary ten minutes.
Alternatively, we have an extended care card you can purchase in advance for $150 to cover 3 hours of extended care to be utilized before or after class/camp should you require early drop off or later pickup.
MAKING UP MISSED CLASSES: Students will have 30 days to make up any missed classes. To schedule a make-up class please contact us at 949-375-5579.
ACCESSIVE ABSENCES: If a student has an unexcused absences of three or more classes consecutively or missed the same class five or more times within a two month period for any class which is at maximum capacity, ADC reserves the right to drop the student from the class and make his/her spot available to another student who has been on a waitlist for said class.
HOLIDAYS: The studio will not necessarily close regardless if area schools are closed. If in doubt call the studio or check our website before coming to class. If classes are canceled notification from the studio will be sent via email or posted on the website www.avantidancecompany.com
ARRIVING LATE: To avoid class disruption, dancers may not be permitted to enter the class if arriving more than 10 minutes after the class has started. Permitting any late entry will be at the discretion of the instructor. Students may be invited to observe class only (whether in the studio by instructor discretion or in the lobby). If you are going to be late, please call the studio and ask for the teacher to be notified.