Avanti Dance Company has taken the dance community by storm! Starting our third season now, we are proud to have achieved so much in such a short amount of time. We are all about bringing the best out of each and every student, developing versatile artists with a strong technical background. Our instructors are successful professional dancers and choreographers in their own right and love being able to work with every student guiding their development and encouraging self confidence. Each instructor brings their own diverse training background and ingenious choreographic work to the students at Avanti.
What makes us unique?
- Bigger isn’t always better: We are all about smaller classes where each dancer receives personal attention and is nurtured to reach their full potential. This is not always possible in class settings with a large number of students. Our class size generally averages eight to twenty students depending on age and level, if the class size reaches capacity a wait list is started. Instructors are able to develop a relationship with each student in a smaller setting and take a “hands on” approach to making appropriate corrections early on helping attain proper technique. The added benefits to this format include a closer bond with instructors and fellow students, dancers feel included and important, dancers gain more confidence, are able to improve more quickly and dancers are ENCOURAGED and CHALLENGED!
- Technique: A successful foundation must be built on proper body alignment and technique. Although we are a “commercial dance” facility we provide some the best growth opportunities in our dance program which has a strong emphasis on ballet. Dancers have options to take many ballet and technique classes weekly which allows for greater progression.
- Artistry: We encourage each dancer to tap into the passion within and be fearless. Developing movement and performance quality is just as important to us as the student’s technical training. Dancers grow by being challenged through choreography, improvisation, interpretation and musicality. Our instructors dance with our students demonstrating style, precision and technique.
- Professionalism: Our team of staff is dedicated to making your experience with Avanti be the best it can be. We encourage and support each and every dancer and his/her family. We provide a warm, welcoming environment where everyone knows you. You are not just another number to us!
- Programs: We offer multifaceted programs that include dance training in Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Contemporary, Classical Ballet, Modern, Musical Theater as well as a Tumbling/Acrobatics and Aerial Dance program. There is something for everyone. We provide preschool, home school and traditional programs (day/evening classes) as well as master classes, intensive training workshops and summer camps. Students are able to perform in two showcases annually, in addition to performances at local community events. Students looking for a greater challenge and more performance opportunities can audition for our national winning pre-professional performance company (competition team).
- Facility: We have three well equipped dance rooms all with top of the line sprung marley floors which minimizes impact on growing bodies and joints reducing the occurrence of injury to dancers. A comfortable parent lounge where parents can view their children from our video monitors, large viewing windows in our front dance room, a dressing room for female dancers, microwave, two refrigerators for students meals and snack, Wifi for parents and students who need to work on homework between classes and a vending machine with water and snacks.
Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class. Students should be prompt and prepared for class. Any student arriving more than 10 minutes late may not be admitted to class. For the dancer’s safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late. No student should be in the studio room unless enrolled in that particular class or unless they have been given permission from the front desk to attend a make- up.
If a student has an unexcused absences of three or more classes consecutively or missed the same class five or more times within a two month period for any class which is at maximum capacity, ADC reserves the right to drop the student from the class and make his/her spot available to another student who has been on a waitlist for said class.
Students should be dressed in proper dance attire and prepared for class before it starts. No street shoes should be worn in class. Please change into dance shoes before class. We request that students carefully observe our dress code. All students are encouraged not to leave the studio room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues.
Parents please do not enter the studio room while class is in session unless you are invited in by the instructor. If there is an emergency that requires you to remove your child from class early, please inform the front desk staff and they will assist with excusing the student from class. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the front desk staff or having another parent be responsible during your absence.
We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
School age children and teen students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Always treat Avanti staff and fellow classmates with kindness and respect.
Please honor your instructor and fellow students by giving full attention and co-operation. Parents will be advised if we feel there is difficulty or a behavioral concern with any student or if the student is not adjusting to the class and/or studio environment.
The dressing room is for female dancers only (no siblings or parents). Male dancers please use one of the two restrooms to change clothing. Please allow first use of lockers to those who are bringing book bags from school and/or for those who need to change into dance clothing from school clothes. If you are dressed for dance when you arrive at the studio and only have a small dance bag with your change of shoes, water etc., please go directly to your class and take your dance bag with you. Place your dance bag in the cubbies provided in the designated areas. The dressing room is not for eating; please eat in the waiting area (parent lounge, lobby or front patio). Always keep the floor area clear of dance bags, shoes and clothing. Dancers must clean up after themselves and keep the space free of clutter.
Avanti Dance Company is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged personal property. It shall be the student’s responsibility to care for his/her own personal items. A lost and found basket is conveniently placed in the dressing room. Unclaimed items will be donated at the end of each month. As reminder, write your dancer’s name on all items.
No food or drinks (accept water) are allowed in the dance rooms but must be placed in the cubbies provided. Do not leave water bottles on the floor. Chewing gum is never allowed in the dance studio. Food will be permitted in the waiting areas.
Parents should not leave young students unattended in the waiting area before or after class. Students and parents please always clean up after yourself (and/or younger siblings). We want our waiting areas to be clean and comfortable for everyone.
During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the office were the parents will be notified if they are not on the premises. Only students with a pre-existing injury or recovery from illness will be allowed to observe class.
The studio will not necessarily close regardless if area schools are closed. If in doubt call the studio or check our website before coming to class. If classes are canceled notification from the studio will be sent via email or posted on the website www.avantidancecompany.com
Dance wear is required for all classes. Students must wear comfortable form-fitting dance attire to display proper body alignment and allow for easy movement. No baggy t-shirts, baggy shorts, blue jeans, no jewelry or other inappropriate attire will be allowed. Hair should always be securely pulled away from the face.
|COMBO/PRE-SCHOOL DANCE PROGRAM (Ages 6 and under)||Attire for younger dancers is flexible but we do prefer they were dance clothing verses street clothing.|
|BALLET ATTIRE (LEVEL I-V)||Girls: Black Leotard, pink tights and pink ballet shoes are required. Skirts, wraps, shorts, pants over tights or tutus must be approved by the instructor. Hair pulled back neatly in a bun unless hair is too short for a bun, then all hair is to be secured away from the face. Boys: Black Shorts, boys/mens black tights, white or black t-shirt, white or black ballet shoes.|
|TAP||Any type of form-fitting appropriate clothing such as jazz/athletic pants, leggings, shorts, leotards, sports bras or form-fitting t-shirt and tap shoes. Please inspect tap shoes before each class for loose screws or taps. Loose screws cause permanent damage to the dance floors. Please see the front desk for assistance with tap repairs.|
|JAZZ||Any type of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz/athletic pants, shorts, leotards, sports bras or form-fitting t-shirt and jazz shoes.|
|LYRICAL/CONTEMPORARY/MODERN||Form-fitting dance or athletic attire and lyrical shoes, half soles or jazz shoes. Bare feet or socks may be appropriate, but should be approved by the instructor.|
|HIP HOP/STREET||Any comfortable/appropriate clothing. Sneakers/boots (preferably not the same ones used for outside every day wear) shoes must be clean and free of rocks/dirt/debris. ABSOULETLY NO HEELIES (wheeled sneakers) or spiked heels will be allowed in the dance rooms.|
|AERIAL ARTS||Form fitting, stretchy clothing, leggings and a t-shirt covering the student’s torso is recommended to avoid abrasions.|