PHASED RE-OPENING PLAN
We are excited to announce our plans for re-opening as California is progressing to Phase 3 with gyms and malls now opening. We are structuring our own “phased protocol” at a slower pace, proceeding in the most cautious and responsible manner.
Avanti Phase A: Current-June 22nd
- We are open now for in-studio private/semi-private (up to three students) lessons for dance and aerial with safety and sanitation measures implemented.
- Limited in-studio company/team practices and rehearsals with safety and sanitation measures implemented.
- Online Dance Classes-through our private Facebook group are still on-going.
Avanti Phase B: June 22nd- August 14th
Open for Camps and Summer Series!
Camps will be limited to groups of 8-12 dance students (depending on the room size and age range) and no more than 6 aerial students. The same group of students will remain together for the entire camp period. Sorry no drop-in’s/daily campers this summer.
Instead of single summer classes we will be offering a limited number of “Summer-Series” sessions which will also have the same group restrictions as our camps but will run for 4-5 weeks. The same group of students meet once weekly for a 1.5-2 hour session (similar to attending 2 or 2.5 classes back to back) depending on the student’s age and level.
By structuring our camps and summer series sessions in this manner, students will not co-mingle with other students in the building and will never change rooms. This ensures we are able to maintain our safety and sanitation measures.
Enrollment for summer camps/summer sessions are now open but will fill quickly as group sizes will be much smaller. Please also keep checking back on our Summer Camp page. We will continue to load additional camp and mini session options over the next 1-2 weeks. Be sure to register as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
AvantiTV: Launches in July! Continue to be part of our award-winning training through a new user friendly platform. Gain access to the following:
- Zoom Classes: Interactive between dancer and instructor in a virtual class setting directly from our new host site (no more going through Facebook).
- Zoom Private Lessons: Book a private lesson, two-way interactive between dancer and instructor.
- Live Stream Classes: Be apart of a studio class from the comfort of your home while it is happening live at Avanti. (One way interactive. You can see and hear instructor and students in the class, but they cannot hear you).
- On-Demand/Pre-Recorded Classes
- Subscription Options: Unlimited Access, Hybrid of In-Studio and Online Classes, Single Weekly Class Enrollment, Drop-In/Master Classes
Avanti Phase C: September 2020
Classes resume in-studio for technique training and recreational students. Watch for fall enrollment to start in August.
AvantiTV: Avanti’s Virtual Studio experience will continue through the Spring 2021.
Our Safety Measures
We have been very busy planning and preparing for the safe re-opening of our facility. The health and safety of our students and staff remain our top priority.
What will it look like the next time you are back in the studio?
- Health Questions Asked of Parents and Temperatures Checked at Door
- Sanitizing all Dance Shoes: Students may only bring in what they really need.
- Lobby Area Closed: With the exception of parents assisting toddlers, parents will be ask to wait outside the front doors or in their cars until students classes are over.
- Designated Traffic Flow: Students and staff will enter and exit different doors.
- Staggered Start Times: Limits students crossing paths with each other.
- Social Distancing Markers: Remind students to stay 6 ft apart.
- Masks Required to Enter: Everyone will be required to wear a mask to enter the building until further notice. Avanti staff will be required to wear a mask at all times until further notice.
- Smaller Group Sizes: Generally averaging 10 students or less.
- Dance Floors: Marked for maximum spacing between students 7-10 feet apart.
- Medical Grade H13 Hepa Air Purifiers: Installed in ALL dance rooms, cleans the air in 15 minutes or less time, down to 0.1 microns. These run on high continuously in each room throughout the day to provide the best air quality possible.
- Dance Rooms stocked with disinfecting supplies, hand sanitizer and kleenex.
- Water Refill Stations will temporarily be closed: Students need to bring their own water bottles or buy from the vending machines.
- Dressing Rooms Closed: Students will need to come to the studio ready for class.
- No Sharing of food, drinks or clothing items.
Healthy Student Protocol:
- Absolutely no sick students will be allowed to enter the building. If there are any symptoms of runny nose, coughing, fever, lethargy – please do not bring student to the studio.
- If a student experiences any of these symptoms while at the studio, student will be asked to wait in the lobby with a mask on and parents will be notified immediately to pick up student.
- Masks will not be required for students while dancing or taking aerial classes. Parent will determine if their child will be wearing a mask in class or not.
- Students will be required to practice sanitation measures including frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer and cleaning of feet (if dancing bare foot) prior to entering dance room.
- Students will be asked to bring a towel to wipe their face and avoid touching their face or others.
Healthy Staff Protocol:
- Staff will follow wellness policy including reporting any illness, conduct temperature checks, staying home unless symptom free for 72 hours. Avoiding known exposures.
- Staff will wash hands and/or sanitize prior to/at conclusion of and between classes.
- Staff will have limited direct physical contact with students (using verbal corrections in all settings that do not require spotting for safety such as aerial or tumbling)
- Staff will be diligently trained and adhere to new safety protocols including enforcing student social distancing.
- Staff will be required to wear masks until further notice.
- Diligent disinfecting/sanitizing of all frequently touched surfaces and objects multiple times throughout the day including dance floors and restrooms after each use.
- Professional weekly cleaning to include commercial fogging application of EPA Registered Broad-Spectrum Disinfectant Kills 99.9% of Bacteria, Viruses*, Fungi & Molds, Bactericidal, Virucidal*, Tuberculocidal, and Fungicidal
- We will require all students to sanitize and/or wash their hands upon entry and after each class.
- Students will have access to hand sanitizer in all dance rooms and at multiple points around the studio.
Policies and Procedures outlined here may be subject to change at anytime without further notice.